The Literacy and Language Center
With over fifteen years of combined experience, founders Niku Bolourchi and Amber Lamprecht have been serving children and adults in the San Francisco area with learning differences, learning disabilities.
We are also proud members of the International Dyslexia Association, Association of Educational Therapists, Parents Education Network and the Neighborhoods West of Twin Peaks Community Convener Group.
What Makes Us Different?
Our commitment and dedication to our students incorporates many different aspects that we feel are essential when choosing the best organization, such as:
- Having two friendly, qualified and committed educators that take pride in getting to know their students and letting them get to know us.
- Getting personalized service every step of the way that fit our students’ specific needs.
- Offering educators who are highly trained in dyslexia teaching.
Both ladies are trained to implement the following programs:
- The Lindamood Phoneme Sequencing Program for Reading, Spelling and Speech®
- The Nancibell® Seeing Stars®: Symbol Imagery for Phonemic Awareness, Sight Words and Spelling Program®
- The Nancibell® Visualizing and Verbalizing for Language Comprehension and Thinking® (V/V®)
- The Writing Program
- Quick Reads® Research-Based Fluency Program
- Unsurpassed experience and knowledge of the industry
The ladies at The Literacy and Language Center strive to provide the highest quality and level of service to each of our students on an individual basis. We pride ourselves in combining patience, experience and communication in order to deliver a great resolution that is fitting for our students. For more information about our company, please visit our website or give us a call at (415) 242-1205.
7 reviews | Write a review
- on Yelp
Amber and the teachers at The Language and Literacy Center were amazing. Our daughter's reading level in first grade was behind, and we were really struggling to get her interest level up. They did a great job assessing her, put together a well tailored program, and she came out on the other side well ahead of her grade level. They were able to really teach her a set of skills that has made it so much easier and fun to read. They were even great at figuring out behavior and really gave our daughter a big boost to her confidence. We would absolutely use them again!
- on Yelp
We love the literacy and language center. I have seen my first graders confidence grow hugely since he started the program.
The approaches they use prepare the brain to process language and reading, necessary foundations to handle the magnitude of information school age children are required to learn. Unlike most tutoring places they are not trying to bombard a brain with material that it is not ready for.
This is how reading will be taught in schools 20 years from now, we are lucky to be able to access that knowledge now.
I am also an occupational therapist and highly recommend the literacy and language center if you want to make a significant impact in your child's reading skills. The key to the success of this program is the intensity. The owners and staff here are all outstanding, they really care & understand the challenges that parents face. It's amazing to see my son learn so much and yet have so much fun doing it.