Reading and literacy are the backbone of academic success. As you work to encourage your student to read, you may want to do some research about the many benefits of having strong reading and writing skills. With these great resources, you can continue to learn about reading and literacy. For additional information about these topics, contact the Literacy and Language Center at (415) 242-1205.
- Finding the right book for your teen may be crucial to encouraging their reading. Check out this great resource for finding good reads for your teens.
- Reading as a family encourages bonding and learning together. For ideas and suggestions about creating family reading time, explore this helpful resource.
- For career advancement, strong written and verbal communication skills are integral. With this article, you can learn about communication skills in the workplace.
- For a breakdown of all the ways that reading and writing skills can come into play in your career, explore this resource—it looks at how writing skills, and in turn reading, are more important today than ever before.
- In a changing world, literacy truly does matter. In this article, you can learn about the connection between literacy, reading ability, and health.