Developing critical reading and writing skills is difficult for many people, but it is never too late to improve your skills. Learn more about some of the common causes of reading disabilities and how you can address them with these helpful resources below:
- If you want to improve your reading comprehension skills, then be sure to check out these helpful tips from About.com.
- Next time you have to take notes on a text, consider using this critical reading worksheet from the Study Guides and Strategies website.
- To learn more about how to identify signs of dyslexia, browse through this article from PBS.org.
- Children and adults diagnosed with ADHD often have difficulties focusing on reading. Take a look at these ADHD statistics from the CDC and consider how personalized reading tutoring can help you or someone you know.
- Reading disabilities come in many forms and under many circumstances, but research suggests that environmentally influenced reading disabilities may have a significant long-term impact on the brain. Browse through this research summary from the American Psychological Association for more information.
To learn more about any of the topics mentioned in our blogs, contact us at The Literacy and Language Center by calling (414) 504-3077 today.