Strong reading skills will help your child do well on tests, get good grades, and stay focused in school. For more information on the importance of reading, visit the links below. If your child needs the extra help of tutoring and literacy programs, then contact the Literacy and Language Center of San Francisco. Our patient and experienced staff work with students of all age levels and learning abilities. Visit our website or call (415) 242-1205 for more about our programs.
- The University of Michigan has some tips on how to read with your children.
- Check out these statistics about adult literacy from the National Center for Educational Statistics.
- Learn more about the symptoms of dyslexia from the National Institutes of Health.
- See how you can encourage your dyslexic child to read during summer vacation with this article from LDOnline.org.
- About.com has some helpful information about teaching strategies that help students with dyslexia.